Fort Bend Family Law - Se habla español
Back to Top
Your Family is Our Priority Experience. Passion. Results. 

Fort Bend County Child Custody Lawyer

Resolving Disputes with Care & Compassion

Determining child custody is one of the most contentious aspects of a divorce where children are involved. Disputes over who will get custody can be emotionally charged and difficult to resolve without the help of a skilled lawyer. Fort Bend County child custody attorney Jamie Zand has over 10 years of experience helping Texans find favorable resolutions to child custody matters. At Jamie Jordan Zand, PLLC, we understand the hardship you are facing – we can stand by your side, fighting for you and your child’s best interests.

Contact us online or call (832) 463-4933 to get started on your case with a free initial consultation.

Types of Custody

There are two types of custody a parent can be granted: Physical and legal. Custody can either be shared by the two parents or held solely by one.

Child custody may be awarded:

  • Through a custody proceeding
  • During filings for divorce or legal separation
  • In paternity or domestic abuse actions
  • When the child lives with a third party such as a grandparent or legal guardian

Regardless of your situation, our Fort Bend County child custody attorney can assess your situation and determine the best strategy moving forward. Our priority is to find a solution that protects your rights and ensures a safe, loving environment for your children. Whether we can come to this solution through negotiations outside of the courtroom or have to bring your case to a family law court, we are prepared to stick by your side from start to finish.

Child Custody Modifications

Should you or your child’s situation or needs change in some capacity, it may be possible to amend your existing child custody agreement. Though you and your partner can come to an agreement outside of court, you will need court approval to put any changes into place.

You may be granted a modification if:

  • One parent’s income changes (such as job loss or a promotion)
  • One parent needs to relocate
  • The child’s health or education needs dictate a need for custody changes

Third-Party Custody

In some cases, third-party custody may be granted. Third-party custody could be held by a grandparent, an aunt or uncle, or some other person who is committed to protecting the health and future of the child. If you are seeking custody of a grandchild or any minor who is not your own child, Jamie Jordan Zand, PLLC can help.

We look forward to helping you resolve your child custody dispute. Contact us at (832) 463-4933 today to request a free consultation.

Meet Attorney Jamie Jordan Zand

  • Jamie Jordan  Zand Photo
    Jamie Jordan Zand


    Attorney Jamie Zand understands the pain of divorce – her parents divorced when she was a child and she has also personally experienced the pain of divorce from a previous marriage. She understands the emotional turmoil of this difficult time and she is passionate about providing caring and compassionate representation to clients navigating a divorce. Whether you are facing a contested divorce or a more amicable uncontested divorce, Attorney Jamie Zand is ready to help you.


Why Jamie Jordan Zand? 

Your future depends on it. 
  • Results - Driven

    We are a results-oriented divorce law firm with an excellent track record of success and an outstanding reputation in the legal community.

  • Personalized Service

    We take the time to understand your needs. We consider ourselves partners in our clients’ success and strive to be worthy of the trust you place in us.

  • Excellent Value

    The size and experience of our practice allows us to offer high-quality work at much more reasonable rates than most high-end law firms in Fort Bend County.

Contact Us 


  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.